Advice / Information


Bradford Combined Court Centre Bankruptcy Information

Going to Court will be the final step of the bankruptcy process. Prior to calling the Court and organising a time and date to apply for a Bankruptcy Order you first need to weigh up your options.

You have to seek specialist guidance before proceeding to guarantee that this is the ideal choice for you, as personal bankruptcy could negatively affect your assets and occupation.

If bankruptcy is the solution you're looking for, then the necessary documentation will eventually be filed at your local County Court.

For those living within Bradford we have included the court details below. You only need to contact the court if you already have everything prepared, including your Statement of Affairs and Debtor's Petition, and you are ready to finalise the Bankruptcy Order.

To arrange a consultation you can complete this online form, and an experienced Advisor will be in touch to assess your situation and advise you accordingly.


Bradford Law Courts
Exchange Square
Drake Street
Bradford West Yorkshire

DX 702083 Bradford 2

Court number 141
County Court number 141

General Contacts

Switchboard 01274 840274
General Fax 01274 840275

Opening Times

Court building open 8.30 am
Court building closed 5.00 pm
Court counter open 10.00 am except for Bailiffs (8.30 am) Monday to Friday
Court counter closed 4.00 pm



Bankruptcy Advice - Frequently Asked Questions

UK County Court Directory | What Needs to be Prepared for Court? | Which Debts Are Included in Bankruptcy? | Is My Job Affected?
Will I Lose My Car / Motorbike in Bankruptcy? | Can I Have a Bank Account When I’m Bankrupt? | Will Bankruptcy Affect My Address?
How to Apply for Bankruptcy | What Happens in Bankruptcy? | The Effects of Bankruptcy | Is Bankruptcy Right for you?
What Alternatives Are There to Bankruptcy?
| Can I Apply For UK Bankruptcy Whilst Overseas? | How Long Will Bankruptcy Last?
What Happens After I'm Discharged From Bankruptcy?
| I’m in an IVA, Can I Make Myself Bankrupt?